Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hook in by Texting

Here's an e-mail I received today from a commercial source. Pay attention to the structure of the pitch - from the intriguing opening to the "please help" and here's how. Now, think about this is terms of a campaign, er, "movement." Several lessons are contained herein:
_________________________________________

****************************************
BIG SNEAK PEAK OPPORTUNITY!
****************************************

How often do you get asked to participate in a beta test of something truly revolutionary?

For the past eighteen months, I and my team have been hard at work on a new service that is going to breathe new life into direct marketing. Oh, this is going to be VERY big.

Next week, I will be unveiling Text Cast Live, our new mobile messaging service for businesses,at YYYYYYYY.

What is Text Cast Live?

Imagine being able to reach your customers at any time with near perfect accuracy.

Imagine open rates of your message approaching 100%

Imagine the most efficient direct marketing tool you've ever seen.

Text Cast Live is a new tool that will allow you to do precisely this, whether your business is online or offline!

I can tell you more soon, but by now you should begin to understand just how huge this is.

But I need 500 people to help me.

So I would like to invite you help me test the service right now, and I will be happy to reward you for doing so.

I've just written a brand new report on social media. It's called "The Social Media Marketing Blueprint"

This 30-page report covers the best social media sites, how to choose which are best to use, strategies for success and more.

And the only way you can get it for free right now is to participate in this free beta test, limited to the first 500 people. (Seriously, I WILL be shutting down the opportunity once we reach capacity. I will have the test results I need.)

Want to get a sneak peek before everyone else?

Here's what you need to do.


1) Get your cell phone out. If you don't have a cell phone with text-messaging capabilities, you can't participate in this test. Sorry.

2) Send the text message "ZZZZ" to this number ---> XXXXX

Don't include quotes when you send the message, just type in my name and send it to XXXXX. Easy, right?

3) You will receive a confirmation message in a matter of seconds. Simply type the letter "Y" and reply to the message. Simple!

4) You are now double opted-in to my text messaging system. In less than 60 seconds you will receive two messages. The second one will have the link to my free social media report!

Once you have completed this request and received your report, please take a minute to leave feedback for us at:

http://XXXXXXXXXXXX.com/surveys/view.php?id=XX

I'll be sharing more about Text Cast Live and how you will soon be able to use it to grow your own business, so be sure to watch for more info soon.

Thanks for participating in this beta test!

Do good stuff,

XXXX
_________________________________
Here's how the web is woven - create a text account, toss out "free" stuff, create urgency with limited offiers, and collect text or e-mail contacts - then pyramid - send this to a friend - you get the idea. It really is that simple, and that's exactly how the Obama "movement" used tech. Low cost, and you've got an audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment