Saturday, September 12, 2009

9-12: Patriots March in Washington.










WOW! I was bowled over coming out of the Archives Metro station at 10 a.m. just as the first rank of marchers to the Capitol came by. The numbers walking down Pennsylvania Avenue just grew as marches joined from all directions at Freedom Plaza. I cannot estimate a crowd, still, the crowd must've numbered in the hundreds of thousands as the avenue march continued curb-to-curb without abatement for at least two hours.



I met folks from Mississippi, North and South Carolina, New York and New Jersey. State flags from around the nation were in evidence. And countless "Don't Tread on Me" flags. Except for an inauguration, I have never seen the West Lawn of the Capitol as packed as it was today, back to the Mall...and with some of the nicest people ever assembled. I saw nothing but honest concern, good spirits and high hopes, the sort of thing that make Americans unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment